Call for Tender
NEN regularly carries out (European) standardisation or advisory projects for which we need external experts or partner organisations. In cases where the European Commission is (co)financing such a project, a public procurement procedure is often required for the selection of the external experts or partner organisations.
- Open call for working group convenors CEN/TC 454 'Algae and algae products - 2017-10-11
The European Commission (EC) and CEN have signed a contract (SA/CEN/2016-04/ENER/C2/498-2016/SI2.735225) under the Framework Partnership Agreement 2014. The project is titled: "Algae or algae based products or intermediates" and is related to the Standardization Request M/547 as regards algae and algae-based products or intermediates.
The objective of the project is to develop standardization deliverables under CEN/TC 454 'Algae and algae products', which was established in the beginning of 2017. At its first meeting on 31 May 2017, the TC defined its scope and work division, which resulted in the creation of 6 dedicated Working Groups. This tender is a call for convenors of the established Working Groups that will draft the standards and consider the comments received from the CEN members.
This tender is a call for experts to lead the standardization work in the following working groups:
- Working Group 1 "Terminology" with the scope to develop standards for general terms and definitions of algae and algae based-products;
- Working Group 2 "Classification" with the scope to develop standards for classification of algae genera, products and processes;
- Working Group 3 "Algae processing" with the scope to develop standards describing algae specific process steps and quantifying specific steps, inputs or outputs of algae processes;
- Working Group 4 "Specifications for food/feed sector applications" with the scope to develop quality designations and indications for algae and directly derived products from algae production required for or by food/feed/nutraceuticals/animal food producers and industry;
- Working Group 5 "Specifications for non-food/feed sector applications" with the scope to develop quality designations and indications for algae and directly derived products from algae production required for or by cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and chemicals/materials producers and industry;
- Working Group 6 "Product test methods" with the scope to develop standards determination methods for algae and algae-based product.
This tender is part of an overall project funded by the European Commission and executed by the European Standardization Committee, CEN. The project execution is seconded to NEN, the Dutch Standardization Institute. NEN will be the contractor. The person applying for the activity, or his organization, will be assigned on the basis of an engagement contract with NEN.
The selection and appointment of the WG Convenors will be made by a selection panel, which is composed of:
- Mr. Bert van Asselt, Chair of CEN/TC 454 'Algae and algae products';
- Mr. Indra te Ronde (NEN), Secretary of CEN/TC 454 'Algae and algae products'; and
- Ms. Katerina Kokesova, Programme Manager, CEN CENELEC Management Centre.
Replies to tender
Applications should be submitted using the application form (see Annex) by 2017-10-11. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Applications shall be composed of the application form duly filled in as well as a short and concise Curriculum Vitae focused on the experience, publications, achievements and skills relevant to the project. Applications shall be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. The tender shall indicate the daily tariff that the applicant charges and whether that tariff includes travel costs.
If necessary, additional information can be obtained via the CEN/TC 454 Secretary, mr. Indra te Ronde (t: +31 15 2690 326, e: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Open call WG convenors TC 454 (full version).
The call is also published on the CEN website:
NEN voert geregeld projecten uit op het gebied van (Europese) normalisatie of advies waarvoor de inzet van externe experts of partner organisaties nodig is. Waar de Europese Commissie (mede)financier is van deze projecten moet voor de selectie van deze experts of partner organisaties veelal een openbare aanbestedingsprocedure worden gevolgd.